Monday, February 1, 2010

Personal Quilt

MY QUILT



Inside





Outside







Past









Future
Through out this project, I think I’ve spent the most time brainstorming on this project than I ever have on any other assignment. My ideas had changed a lot. I became highly frustrated with how certain quilts came out because either I wasn’t satisfied or it didn’t meet my standards. The final decisions I made weren’t necessarily to the full potential but I think my emotions and persona was well expressed within each piece of art. Me, being my worse critic, says some of my quilts are a little too cliché. For example, my Past quilt was the most cliché of them all. It includes many, many cliché symbols. That would have to be the square I had the most difficulty expressing myself on. My past in future contrast from each other in a huge way. My past contains an abundance of negativity and anger towards one individual but yet displays strength, love, and defeat: as to my future exhibits all the aspirations I have for myself, and how finding myself by venturing away from the nest will help me grow into the successful adult I hope to be. The thing that they both share is strength and motivation. My inside and outside square are two totally opposites. My insides express a side of me that NO ONE sees or actually knows. As to where my outside is half sided with the stereotypes people perceive of me and then with the real Briana that those people have learned to love. Sometimes I feel like two totally different people because inside, when i'm all alone i’m, another person from what those know me to be. I honestly was nowhere near surprised when I found out what others first thought of me, because I know how I can come off. In my artwork I had a lot of symbols, the ones that had most meaningful would have to be the bird, which was my unity, and the locksmith. Those meant the most to me because I have internally I have a high wall for those to overcome in order to find a way to my heart, and i lock every emotion I have within me so I don’t look weak. The bird symbolizes self-freedom, for example, back to my inside quilt, I feel free when I dance; all the problems disappear. It was quit a challenge to fully express myself, like I’ve said before, I have more potential. Overall I was not completely pleased with them out coming of my quilts, but a few i was happy with. My favorite would have to be my inside, just because there’s so much that people don’t know of me and I think I succeeded in that square. In general, this was a major learning experience. I really enjoyed it, and love the way i’ve learned to express myself through art. Next time, i would actually use my time wisely, and ponder more upon the ideas I could’ve used. My full potential would defiantly be used if I could do it all over again.

No comments: