Thursday, December 10, 2009

Artist Statement

This first semester in my digital photography class, I personally have learned an abundance amount of information. My online portfolio contains pictures of assignments we, as a class, were given having to do with certain compositional tricks, tools we’ve learned in the picture transforming program Photoshop, a critique, social issues, and a personal lyrical project. My portfolio gives me another advantage of expressing my creativity as well as my emotions.

My portfolio can gives someone an insight to my personality, even though, not much may show, some significance shines through. It shows my progression in this class. The pictures get deeper, and more creative. Over the course of this semester i've learned so much stuff that will benefit me, and has helped me even with the simplicity of taking pictures. Now I actually think about the composition and what will look right and wrong. If the picture I take I think about how the colors will contrast. I put a lot more thought into picture taking now. As the more I learned I’ve became most successful with outing more thought into to an assignment or picture to make it that much better and take it to the next level rather than sticking to an initial idea.

In all classes, we all have struggles but we learn to make success out of them. The struggles I had was thinking critcially and deeper, I have learned how to cope with that and now I consider it one of my successes. In the future dealing with that issue for me will to be utilize the skills i’ve used in photography to surpass it, in all my other classes or even everyday lifeline seen improvement so far in my everyday life as well as my English class. Thinking outside the box and extending my ideas has helped a lot and made my work more creative and eye opening to myself and what I didn’t k now i was capable of.

With all the experiences in this class and what I have learned as opened another part of me and now I see capabilities I have that I didn’t know even existed. I can now express how I feel artistically, rather than bottling it all up. When I explained my ideas to my mother one night, her response was, “wow Bri, that’s very deep and meaningful, I didn’t know you thought that way.” The new side of me, my artisisic side, that has been hidden for 17 years, is now showing and not only opening my eyes, but doing so to those around me.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Bri, your portfolio is beautiful! I think that you have a strong natural compositional sense. Along with that you have your own artistic style that is developing that is very fun to see. Next semester I want you to continue your thinking out of the box, and I want you to push your ideas, and the way your portray your ideas. I am very excited to see what else you come up with!